Welcome to the PADS Maker Schematic, PADS Maker Layout, and PartQuest documentation home page. Here you will find links to help you get started with your Maker or MakerPro.
- Review Specifications per version below.
- Review System Requirements for PADS Maker below.
- Where to get PADS Maker software. Link to Get Maker
- Create accounts for access to PartQuest, a free tool for Symbols and Footprints.
- Need help getting your PADS Maker products up and running? See thepage.
- For community support, visit PADS Maker Community or PADS MakerPro Community
For those upgrading from Designer to PADS Maker or PADS MakePro, click here. This link will provide you with the following information:
- How to upgrade from Designer 1.0 or 1.1 to PADS Maker
- Compatibility of xDX Designer projects/files with PADS Maker
- How to take PADS Maker Layout files into PADS Layout
- How to take PADS Maker Schematic files into DX Designer for PADS Flow
- How to import symbols and footprints created using Designer 1.0 or 1.1 to PADS Maker
Specifications by Version
No. of Connections
|Board Size||No. of Layers|
|PADS MakerPro Schematic||MakerPro||unlimited||N/A||N/A|
|PADS Maker Schematic||Maker||1500||N/A||N/A|
|PADS MakerPro Layout||MakerPro||unlimited||50 sq. inches||8 total/6 signal|
|PADS Maker Layout||Maker||1500||25 sq. inches|
6 total/4 signal
- Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Memory/RAM: 2GB or higher
- Disk space for installation: 1.2GB
For additional information, please see our PADS Maker FAQ.