The advancedsearch script is intended to enhance user experience while browsing www.digikey.com and associated international websites.
- Voltage Range Parsing
- Remove Previous Filter Selections
- Column Math
- Parametric Scatter Charts
- Picture Oriented Browsing Additions
- Break-Even Price Point Calculations for Price Breaks (New)
- Keyword Highlighting
This script is a hobby and as such may have some bugs or flaws, but it is intended to be a testbed for trying things that could be helpful for people trying to find parts. Many functions are modular and can individually be disabled or enabled based on user preferences. Inspiration for this userscript came from the now retired Digi-Key Sort By Price that added the then lacking title function to Digi-Key's website.
This script is updated and tested on the most current official releases of Firefox and Greasemonkey (v35 and v2.3 respectively being the latest at last edit of this page). It will most likely work with older versions of FF and GM, but those are not the targets. The script is also compatible with Google Chrome with the help of the Tampermonkey extension although functions are less thoroughly checked and may break without notice. It is known to not work on versions of FF 11 and prior.
This script is not designed with small screens in mind. A 900p or larger screen is recommended for the best experience.
|Note If the browser only opens a text file try clicking in the navigation bar (where the URL is located) and pressing the enter key. If Greasemonkey is enabled, this should trigger the installation. If nothing happens check if Greasemonkey is enabled.|
Install the Greasemonkey Add-on.
Then click to install the script:
Install the Tampermonkey Extension.
Then click to install the script.
|Updates: Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey automatically check for script updates and download them as necessary.|
- Choice to default all searches to a desired quantity sorted by price (must be enabled in options)
- Style changes, rounded corners, alternating row shading
- Ability to click on filter options without using ctrl+click (no more slipping off of the ctrl key)(must be enabled in options)
- Eliminates wasted space, extra search boxes, line breaks, combines some table columns (must be enabled in options)
- Hide table columns by double-clicking
- Instant results on Index page if search term matches family name.
- Feature management area to turn many options on and off
Some features have found their way into the official Digi-Key site:
- Live Results Count
- Hover over images
- Pricing, Availability and Datasheets have been moved to the left side of the results table
- More than 25 parts per page can now be loaded
- The minimum order quantity is now pre-filled in add to order quantity box
- In-line cart editing, pictures in cart
- Column sort highlighting
- Floating table headers that follow when scrolling
- Last breadcrumb is now a link to see all parts in family